Sustainable systems designed to meet the clients’ needs without compromising the environment.
Sustainable design must be considered at the very inception of the project otherwise it can be an expensive add-on at best and at worst a solution that simply does not work.
We work closely with the design team at the concept stage to provide analysis and advice, to inform the design process and ensure any sustainable, low carbon or renewable energy systems are incorporated into the form of the building as early as possible.
Our advice and analysis includes:
- Site layout and the impact of the surrounding environment
- Suitability and payback for low and zero carbon technologies
- Orientation of the building
- Maximising daylight within the design
- Limiting overheating through passive design features
- Maximising natural ventilation within the design